Make a donation
To make a donation online simply click our ‘Donate Now’ puppy and follow the prompts.
If you would prefer to make a donation via direct bank transfer you can deposit funds into our Bay of Islands Vets donation account:
12-3097-0193104-00 Ref: RESCUE
Or our Farmsource Account which pays for our fuel and dog food:
03-0318-0783164-00 Ref: 700035424
Any amount you can afford, no matter how small, will help us rescue and care for unwanted pets across the Bay of Islands area.
If you’d prefer not to donate money we are always grateful to receive donations of dog and cat food, bowls, blankets, bedding and towels and any other items which could be used to help us care for the animals.
We have various drop off points around the area and we can collect larger items from you if need be.
Please contact us for details of your nearest drop off and thank you for your support.
Sponsor a pet
If you would prefer to donate a weekly or monthly amount why not consider sponsoring a pet.
Become a foster carer
Would you like a pet but are not in a position to give long term commitment?
Do you have a spare room you could offer a needy cat or time to devote to cheering up an unhappy dog?
Bay of Islands Animal Rescue is looking for committed people who can offer short term care to needy pets in their own homes.
If you can’t have a pet of your own or aren’t able to foster would you like to help by fund raising or sponsoring a dog?
What we are looking for:
- Experience of handling and caring for pets
- You need to live within an hour of the central Bay of Islands and have use of suitable transport
- A spare room if fostering cats, a garden is beneficial if fostering dogs
- Willingness to learn and follow Bay of Islands Animal Rescue procedures
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated
- Above all to be kind and patient
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Bay of Islands Animal Rescue pets in your own home until they can be rehomed.
- Pets might need special care because they are recuperating from operations or too young to rehome yet.
- You may also be asked (or offer) to foster pregnant females or mums with new litters.
- You will be providing all the care they need by feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming.
- Most of all don’t worry, we will provide food, materials and support if needed.
If you would like to know more please contact us.